This is a sponsored post. Affiliate links within post.
The Deco M5 is a unique WiFi device for any size home. Regardless of the size of your home, you will be able to use this system to reach every corner. It is easy to add on and set up. Find out why I love this system over other WiFi systems.
Installing the Deco M5
I was sent the Whole-Home Wi-Fi System (AC1300) from TP-Link (affiliate link) to try out in my home. Before I even opened the box, I fell in love with the design of the M5. Usually WiFi routers look ugly with lots of blinking lights and wires hanging out the end.
Not the Deco M5. Each unit is small and can easily be hidden on a shelf or side-table. You will need to download the app and it walks you through the step-by-step process of setting up the system in your home. If you can open an app and follow directions, you can get this baby set up in no time.
We played around with location to be sure we reached all the necessary spots in our home. My daughter’s room is always the toughest, but we were able to cover that spot with no problems.
Parental Controls of the Deco M5
My favorite feature of the Deco M5 is the parental controls. We have chores in our house and their completion is tied to WiFi and data usage. If my kids do not finish their chores, they don’t get access to the WiFi.
For a while, I had to change the passwords frequently to do that. With the Deco M5, I’m able to turn on and off certain devices right from the app.
Here are a few more features that parents will love:
- You can adjust the content that can be access by different age groups. This is awesome if you have adults, teens and younger children in your home. You don’t have to worry about your younger kids accessing something they shouldn’t, yet you don’t have to deny access to adults or teens.
- Set time limits so your kids will only spend a certain amount of time on their devices.
- Pause the Internet temporarily for everyone. This is perfect for family dinners.
- Three years of free protection for your network against viruses and other security hazards.
- You can prioritize which devices get faster speeds when you have a lot of devices on your network.
- Set up a guest password, so guests do not have access to everything on your network. My teens love this because their friends always want access to the WiFi when they come over.
Easy to Expand
Depending on the size of your home, you can easily expand the coverage by purchasing an expansion unit (affiliate link).
Check Your Modem and Router Setup
Before you purchase the unit, be sure it will work with your system. We had to go back to an older unit for our Verizon Fios because our current unit has the modem and router built into one unit. We still had an older modem that works, so we hooked that back up to test out these units.
What problems do you have with WiFi in your house? Do you have a room that never has WiFi?
Amazon Affiliate Links:
For More Information:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received the Deco M5 in exchange for this post. No other compensation was received. Affiliate links within post.