My name is Michele McGraw
I reside in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Mom of 4, wife to 1
- Lifestyle Technology Blogger
- Freelance Technology Writer
- Runner & Healthy Lifestyle Seeker
- Digital Scrapbooker & Chief Storyteller
I wrote a post about digital storytelling and the video that Adobe created to show how I capture my family’s story. This post, Digital Storytelling; Capturing The Story Of My Geek Life is one of my favorite and it captures why I blog, why I scrapbook and how I use stories on my blog.
Brands I’m Currently Working With:
- Microsoft Windows Champion
- SkinnyScoop Tastemaker
- Lenovo INfluencer Network
- Netflix Stream Team
- Intel All-In-One PC Influencer
- momAgneda COMM Team Member
- Diet Coke Brand Ambassador
- #IHeartOmron Fitness Challenge Ambassador
- HP FamilyTime (#HPFamilyTime)
- Toyota Women’s Influence Network (TWIN) #ToyotaWomen
- Sony Mom
- Sony Playstation Family Ambassador
- Just Dance Just Sweat Dream Team (#JDDreamTeam)
- Best Buy 2012 Gifts That Do Health & Fitness Expert #GiftsThatDo
- Yahoo MotherBoard member
- 2010 – 2012 AMD Mom #AMDMom
- Microsoft Hohm Green Mom
- Mom Blog Magazine Gadget Editor
- Blogalicious Editorialista/ Tech Editor
- UbiChamp (Ubisoft)
- Technorati Writer
- The Balancing Act on Lifetime TV blogger
- Social Media Consultant for Identity Guard
- Office Max Mom
- EA SPORTS Active 6 Week Challenger
- Mom Bloggers Club Ambassador
- Mom It Forward Community Leader
- Comcast XFINITY Ambassador
– Women in Social Media: Creating Your Digital Footprint
in Miami – Tech Tools to Build Your Social Media Tribe
Blogalicious 2012 Tech Editorialista
I am a 46-year-old work-at-home mom (WAHM) of four children (ages 9 through 17, 2 boys & 2 girls). I met my husband, Jason, in a chat room on AOL 20 years ago and we have been married for 19 years. We also have 2 adopted cats, Miley & Tobey and a black lab, Kelsey. As you can imagine, it’s a challenge keeping our family and home running smoothly day to day. I can honestly say that managing our household is more work than I remember as a full time professional.
The Internet has been a huge part of my life since I bought my first computer after graduating from college. It was through that Mac that I met Jason, moved to Virginia from Wisconsin, got married and started our family. When I decided to stay at home with my first baby, I looked to the Internet for support. With each hobby and interest I’ve had throughout the years (from raising a child with ADHD, enhancing my digital photography and scrapbooking skills, learning Photoshop and HTML to studying to become a personal fitness trainer), the Internet has been a wealth of knowledge and at times, a true source of comfort. Knowing that you’re not alone and discovering women just like me around the country and the world with the same interests, trials and tribulations is uplifting.
For the last 17+ years, I have been helping women find support online for their hobbies and lifestyles by sharing my experience and passions. Here are some of the activities I’ve worked on:
- Served as a Director of Internet Services and board member of Mothers & More providing online support for SAHMs through their national website, forum and e-mail support groups.
- Oversaw the Healthy Chicks forum for The DigiChick’s online forum for digital scrapbookers interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Currently serving as an Ambassador for the Mom Bloggers Club to provide support and information for Mom Bloggers
- Working as Community Manager and Director of Social Media for a new start-up company, FormerFatChick.com to help others use the Internet for support in their healthy lifestyles
- Currently serving as a founding board member on the Mom It Forward board of directors and working to start a local chapter in the Washington D.C. area.
- Launching ScrapsofMyGeekLife.com to offer daily commentary, advice, reviews and shared experiences of how my real life and the digital domain connect.
- CEO of , a company I started to oversee all my online endeavors.
- Hosted the Digital Soul Hour, a bi-weekly live interactive online TV show about all things geek on MomTV.com.
- Actively participating in the women and mom bloggers community online through Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites.
My hobbies include scrapbooking (both paper and digital), blogging, social media, gadgets, reading fitness, women’s and tech magazines and researching new tech products. I consider myself addicted to my Internet connection; I can’t imagine life without it. I carry my iPhone everywhere, with my camera and videocam always nearby too.
Scraps of My Geek Life Bio
I created ScrapsofMyGeekLife.com in 2007 as a way to keep my extended family and friends up-to-date with our growing family’s busy life. In the past 6 years, ScrapsofMyGeekLife.com has become much more. It is a place for me to share my life, teach others about my hobbies, and share my love of technology and fitness and to return much of the support to the online community that I have received over the years. It’s a daily chronicle of my life with all of its ups and downs; laughter and disappointment – a window to my digital soul – open to share with all.
Appeared in Weight Watchers magazine (Mar/Apr 2010, p. 100)
Articles I’ve Written
Why Be a Mommy Blogger for BlogWorld Expo Blog
Where To Find Me