Are you a creative thinker? What makes someone a creative thinker? Can you learn to be a creative thinker? As a kid, I never thought I was a creative person. Everyone around me seemed to be creative, but I missed the creativity boat somehow. What I didn’t realize is that there is creativity in all of us, we just have to figure out how to use it.
Creativity isn’t just one thing that you either have it or you don’t. It’s different for everyone. Creative Thinking is all about opening up your mind and looking at your world in a different way. Creative Thinking for Dummies will guide you through the process of opening up your mind so you will see what has always been there, but see it in a different way.
Creative Thinking for Dummies
Creative Thinking is split into 5 basic sections:
- Part 1: Laying the Foundations: Understanding Creativity. To learn to be creative, you need to know what being creative is.
- Part 2: Preparing Yourself: Creating Your Creative Mindset. If you are not willing to open your mind to seeing new things, you will have a harder time being a creative thinker. This section will get you ready.
- Part 3: Getting Creative: The Practical Stuff: This is where the author gets into the nitty-gritty of becoming a creative thinker.
- Part 4: Applying Creativity to Your Life. Living a creative life and teaching others.
- Part 5: The Part of Tens. The usual lists of tens in all “ ” books.
My favorite section is part 4 because that seems to be where I get lost. I’ve learned that I am creative and when I’m doing a creative project like scrapbooking, I have no problem feeling creative. But when I’m working or dealing with my kids, that’s where my creativity loses something. I also want to teach my children to live a creative life and chapter 11 is all about children and creativity.
So whether you want to find youror become more creative in other areas of your life, you will find Creative Thinking for Dummies helpful.
Disclosure: I received Creative Thinking for Dummies in exchange for this review. All opinions are 100% my own. Affiliate links within.