Today is National Running Day (NRD) and I’m celebrating with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathons for a reason. When Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathons asked me to share their NRD information with you, I jumped at it. I’m not getting paid or receiving anything in exchange.
Almost 2 years ago I ran my first half marathon and it was the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon in Virginia Beach. That accomplishment was huge for me. It showed me that I can do something when I put my mind to it.
I’m now signed up to run the same marathon again over Labor Day weekend and this week kicks of my serious training. So, it’s fitting for me to celebrate on National Running Day.
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is hosting National Running Day events in several cities.(PDF) and join in a celebration near you.
Olympian Running Playlists
Olympian runners Kara Goucher and Meb Keflezighis teamed up with Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series to create their own running playlist and I”m sharing them with you.
Kara Goucher’s Running Playlist
- Vicci Martinez and Cee Lo Green- Come Along
- Pitbull- Back in Time
- La Roux- Bulletproof
- Ke$ha- C’Mon
- Pitbull- Feel this Moment
- Icona Pop- I love it
- Cee Lo Green- F**k You
- Anna Kendrick- Cups
- M.I.A. – Paper Planes
- Fun.- Some Nights
Meb Keflezighis Running Playlist
- Survivor- Eye of the Tiger
- Run D.M.C. – Walk this Way
- James Brown – Living in America
- C&C Music Factory- Gonna to Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
- Alicia Keys feat. Jay-Z – Empire State of Mind
- Destiny’s Child- Survivor
- Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z – Crazy in Love
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Michael Jackson -Beat It
- Eritrea Wedi -Tikabo Me’raj
The moment I crossed that finish line was an awesome moment for me. This medal is a reminder that I can and I will. My goal for my next half marathon is to finish in 2 hours and 45 minutes. I can and I will….