This is a Microsoft store sponsored post.
As we leave 2014 and head into 2015, we all start to think about the new year and what we want to do differently. Whether you call it resolutions, intentions, goals or plans, it’s the perfect time to start. The Microsoft store has a lot of tech that will help you jumpstart your New Year’s resolutions. I’ve found if you have the right tools, it’s easier to reach your goals.
The Microsoft store is one of my favorite tech stores to find new and exciting gadgets. I love that I can try out the new technology and the employees are always helpful and know a lot about the products in the store.
I have taken my kids to the camps they offer year round. We took a photo and video class last summer. If you check your local Microsoft store, you’ll find the YouthSpark Winter Camps they are offering.
Jumpstart Your NYE Resolutions
We all have different resolutions, so I’m going to tell you about some of the gadgets you will find at the Microsoft store and how they will help you reach different goals.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- The Surface Pro 3 runs Windows 8.1 and you have access to apps that will help you track your food, exercise, try yoga, create to do lists, track projects and get your life organized.
- My husband bought me a Surface Pro 3 a few months ago and I use it daily to track my life. I can run Office 365 so I have created spreadsheets with Excel to track my expenses because one of my goals for 2015 is to track where I spend my money.
- If you are a digital scrapbooker and you want to create more layouts in 2015, you can install Photoshop Elements on the Surface Pro 3 and you can scrapbook while waiting for the doctor (great use of that down time.) I’ve uploaded kits and photos to OneDrive (1 TB of space) so I have access to them wherever I am.
You might think that the Xbox One is only for playing games. WRONG!
- There are some awesome fitness games for the Xbox that make working out so much fun you will never know you are burning calories.
- Try a dance game like Dance Central with the Kinect for Xbox One, and you’ll burn calories while challenging your friends to a dance off.
- Xbox has a built-in fitness section. You can buy and download new fitness routines when you are feeling the need for something new.
Microsoft Band, Fitbit Trackers and Scales
- The Microsoft Band tracks your activity, sleep and heart rate. It works with Windows Phone, Android and Apple phones. Tracking your heart rate during a workout will help you be more efficient with your workout time.
- Pair your Microsoft Band with a Windows Phone and you can get calendar updates, email and use Cortana to take notes with your voice.
- The Fitbit trackers help you track your daily steps and sleep. Set a goal and when you reach your daily goal, your Fitbit buzzes to let you know. At night, you can track your sleep quality. I discovered that I was not getting a lot of good deep sleep at night which is why I was so tired. I started making changes to see if it would change and it did. Using the Fitbit app on my Surface Pro 3, I can easily see where I need to make changes during the day or night.
- The Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale will track your weight, body fat and BMI. If you set a resolution to lose 5, 10 or more pounds in 2015, you’ll need to track how well you are doing. Sometimes the weight is slow to lose, but you may see changes in your body fat and BMI. Tracking all 3 will give you a better overall picture of your progress and keep you accountable.
Your phone is something you have with you all the time. If you want to stay accountable to your 2015 resolutions, a Windows Phone will help you do that.
- Windows Phones have apps to help with your running goals, health goals, organization goals and many other goals.
- You’ll have access to the spreadsheets you created to track your progress with Office 365 on your Windows Phone.
- Plan to keep in touch with your family and friends more in 2015? Use Skype so you can video chat and keep in touch.
- Set up task reminders so you don’t forget your goals. It takes 21 days to create a habit. Remind yourself to go run for 21 days and after that it should become easier to remember.
This is only a few of the Microsoft store products. You need to go to your lcoal store and play with all the computers, gadgets and technology.
Don’t forget that with the right tools, reaching your goals is much easier!!
What resolutions are you setting for 2015? Have you found that having the right tools made it easier to reach your goals in the past?
Follow the Microsoft store
Like the Microsoft store on Facebook
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Microsoft blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.