Exercise gives me the best high. Better than any drug. I feel like I’m on top of the world and ready to take on anything. Today, my oldest son and I ran a 5k. Not an official race, but rather, we ran 3.1 miles throughout our neighborhood.
I have not run a 5k straight through since last October. I wanted to give myself a place to start. Since I haven’t done a lot of running lately, this is my starting point. When I feel like I’m not making much progress and I’m stuck, I will look at this day and see how far I’ve come.
We ran almost all of the 5k, walking maybe .5k. After exercising, I felt AWESOME. My body and mind felt strong.
- I remembered why it is that I love to exercise.
- I remembered why I signed on for this half marathon stuff.
- I remembered why being healthy is so important.
- I remembered that my body can do things that I never thought it could.
- I remembered that if I set a goal, I can do it.
- I remembered how proud I am of me!
Exercise does so much more than just work our body, it works our minds also.
Tell me how you feel after exercising? Good, bad, ugly?