What is an unlocked smartphone? I bet you are thinking that your phone is unlocked when you use it, aren’t you? Well, you are half right. An unlocked smartphone also refers to a phone that is not tied to a contract or carrier (like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
Why An Unlocked Smartphone?
- When you own an unlocked smartphone, you can go with any carrier you’d like.
- You can easily switch carriers without needing to buy a new phone.
- You can buy a new phone whenever you want, not when your contract is up.
- If you do any international travel, an unlocked smartphone is definitely a plus for you.
An unlocked smartphone gives you more flexibility.
Best Buy Has Unlocked Smartphones
Right now, Best Buy has a big Unlocked Smartphone savings event with sales on Samsung, Huawei, Moto, Sony, BLU, Alcatel and ZTE smartphones.
Below are the specific offers for each of the brands with unlocked smartphones at Best Buy:
- Moto Offer: Save $50 on Select Moto Mods with purchase of Moto Z Play (Valid: 10/30/16-11/5/16)
- Huawei Offer: Save $50 on the Honor 8 by Huawei plus get a free case (Valid: 10/30/16-11/12/16)
- Samsung Offer: Save $100 on the Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Valid: 10/30/16-11/12/16)
- BLU Offer: Save $40 on the BLU Life XL (Valid: 11/6/16-11/12/16)
- Sony Offer: Save $100 on the Sony XPERIA X Compact (Valid: 10/30/16-11/12/16)
Disclaimer for all offers: Offer valid 10/30/16-11/12/16. Phones, service and coverage not available in all markets. Available in New Jersey. No dealers. See a Blue Shirt for details. 4G/4G LTE not available in all markets. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive bundle/package savings.
Do you have an unlocked smartphone? What advantages have you found over contracted phones?
Disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free