This is a sponsored post
Do you have a middle schooler who loves STEM activities (and loves to read)? Perfect! Below is a list of 8 STEM apps for middle schoolers. And thanks to Disney for sending me the book, Click’d for review and for partnering with me for this awesome giveaway.
Click’d was released on September 5, 2017, and is recommended for ages 9+. New York Times best-selling author Tamara Ireland Stone combines friendship, coding, and lots of popcorn in her fun and empowering middle-grade debut.
STEM Apps and Websites For Middle Schoolers
- Jundroo – Physics app for Android and iPhone.
- Frog Dissection – Dissect frogs virtually. Perfect for kids who aren’t sure if they can dissect a frog in real life.
- Hopscotch – This is one of my favorites. It’s a coding app for the iPhone and iPad.
- NASA Viz – A space exploration app for Android & iOS devices. I have learned a lot from this app.
- Engineer Girl – If you have a girl interested in engineering, this is a MUST SEE website.
- Gamestar Mechanic – Great website for kids who are interested in creating games.
- Swift Playgrounds – Another great coding app for the iPhone.
- Robots – An interactive iPad app for kids interested in the world of robots.
I’m starting to read the book, Click’d. It did say it was for 9+ and I’m definitely in the + group. I love that when there is a conversation via text, you see it in a format similar to your smart phone.
Here is a bit more about the book:
Allie Navarro built an app at CodeGirls summer camp. Click’d helps its users find others with common interests by sending them on a scavenger hunt. Everyone at school is talking about Allie and her app, Click’d.
But what happens when there is a glitch in her app? Will she still be able to beat Nathan? Will she get it fixed in time for the competition? Read Click’d to find out.
The book also includes two bonus coding activities.
In Click’d, Allie’s app is a total hit! Get a solid grip on your phone while testing out all the hottest apps.
One (1) winner receives:
- copy of Click’d
- and a branded popsocket with mount!
- Giveaway open to US addresses only. Must be 18 years.
- Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion.
- Check out the full terms in the Rafflecopter app above.
For More Information About Click’d
- Visit the Official Site
- Follow Disney-Hyperion on Twitter and Instagram
- Like Disney Books on Facebook
- Hashtag #ClickdBook
- Read an excerpt from Click’d here
About Tamara Ireland Stone
Tamara Ireland Stone (www.TamaraIrelandStone.com) is the author of Time and Time Again and the New York Times best seller Every Last Word. A Silicon Valley-native, she has worked in the technology industry all her life, first testing Atari game boards in her parents’ garage, and later, co-founding a woman-owned marketing strategy firm where she worked with some of the world’s largest software companies.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Disney-Hyperion sent me a copy to check out, and is partnering with me for a giveaway! All opinions are my own.