This is a sponsored post.
Is safety a priority in your house? Do you worry about safety when answering your front door? I do! I like to know who is at my door before I answer it for two reasons:
- If they are selling me something, I’m not going to answer it.
- If I don’t know who they are, I don’t want to open the door to find out who they are.
The Skybell WiFi Video Doorbell gives you the opportunity to see (live video action) and have a conversation with the person at your door without unlocking and opening your door. You do not need to be home (but they don’t know that.)
What is a SkyBell WiFi Doorbell?
SkyBell is a smart video doorbell you answer with your smartphone. You can see, hear and speak to the person at the door. They can talk back to you (but not see you.)
How Does a WiFi Video Doorbell Work?
The first thing you need to do is replace your current doorbell with the SkyBell Doorbell. Installation was fairly easy. The location of our doorbell made it a bit tricky, but my husband easily followed the directions and figure out how to install it correctly on our door.
When someone comes to the door, they ring the SkyBell Doorbell just like a normal doorbell for the visitor. They push the button and you will hear a digital chime in the house and get a notice on any phone with the SkyBell app installed (can have multiple users.)
The first person to go to the app will see live video of the person at the door. You can talk to them by pressing the button in the app. Anyone else who tries to answer the doorbell will get a message that someone is using the app.
The visitor talks when they want to respond. You can also snap a photo from the live video feed by pressing the camera button. Here is a photo I took.
We loved that when we weren’t home we could still answer the door. I’m always carpooling kids somewhere and I used the SkyBell app often to see who was at the door. I liked that they didn’t know I wasn’t home, so it appeared that someone was home.
I also used it to check on my kids playing in the front yard.
Additional SkyBell Features
If someone comes to the door, but doesn’t press the doorbell, you will still be notified with the app after 10 seconds. The WiFi doorbell has a motion sensor so a visitor can be detected even if they don’t press the doorbell. You can turn the motion sensor off if you don’t want to use it. We had to do this during a 50 mph windy day.
Want to see if it’s raining at your house? Open the SkyBell app and you can look at the live video anytime. I like to use it to check on my kids walking home from the bus stop.
Want to take a nap and not be disturbed by your doorbell? No problem. There is a silent mode which turns off the indoor chime so SkyBell will only notify you with the app. You can take a nap and have others in the house get the door. We’ve been testing ours with and without the indoor chime. I don’t like the sound of the indoor chime, but unless I have my phone right with me, it’s a necessity for us.
Want to know who is ringing your doorbell at 11pm at night? You can see that someone up to 5 feet away in low light. We always have the front lights on for safety anyways, so we never had a problem seeing who was at the door.
Did We Like It?
We love being able to see who is at the door and talk to them. I do not like the sound of the digital chime, but when we turn it off and are not near our phones, we don’t know someone is at the door. But the sound isn’t enough to keep me from using it.
We had problems with hearing our old doorbell in certain places in the house, so now when I’m working out in the basement, I don’t miss a package that needs signing.
We have had some rain and the SkyBell is still running.
SkyBell WiFi Video Doorbell Giveaway
ENDED! SkyBell is providing one(1) SkyBell WiFi Video DoorBell to one(1) lucky reader.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not affect chances of winning.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Void where prohibited.
- Approximate retail value of the prize will be $199 USD, courtesy of SkyBell. No substitutions or cash exchanges.
- Winner may be required to provide email, shipping address and/or phone number for shipping purposes ONLY. Information will not be used for anything else.
- Winner is selected by a random Rafflecopter drawing.
- Winner will be notified via email ONLY.
- Winner has 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entrant into the giveaway completely releases Facebook.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, nor associated with, Facebook.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- Entries must be received within contest period.
- Entrant bears risk of lost entry ticket.
- Winner list is available upon request.
- Company bears no liability for winners’ use of prize.
- Acceptance of prize is waiver/release from liability.
- Complete contest rules, prize description/value/number of prizes available upon request.
Disclosure: I participated in the Skybell WiFi Video Doorbell blog program as a member of One2One Network. I received compensation but all opinions are my own.