This is a sponsored post.
Summers at my house are chaotic. All the kids are home and have different schedules and I never know who is home and who isn’t. Add in vacations and it’s crazy. Safety is always my number one concern. The Ring Video Doorbell addresses many of my summer safety concerns.
Typical Day And Doorbell
Let me explain. This is a typical day at my house.
- One of my kids gets up before me for dance camp.
- Doorbell rings and it’s a package.
- Doorbell rings and it’s a neighbor.
- Kids get up and head out to hunt for Pokemon.
- Doorbell rings and it’s kids looking for someone to hang out with.
- I run errands and while I’m gone the doorbell rings several times, yet no one answers because they figure someone else will get it.
- This goes on and on and on all day!
If I could check who is at the door before I go to answer it, I can save myself a lot of getting up for no reason. I work from home so every time the doorbell rings, that is in interruption I don’t need.
We have also missed important packages because no one answers the door if I’m not at home. I would love to be able to see who is at the door (even when I’m away from home.) I can ask them to wait a moment while I get one of the kids to come to the door.
I also know my kids would be more likely to check on the door if they do not have to leave their bedroom.
Always Home With Ring Video Doorbell
When we leave for vacation I worry about a lot of things including my house.
- Will someone send me a valuable package and I won’t know about it?
- Will someone come to the house several days in a row to sell me something and realize no one is home?
This is why I think the Ring Video Doorbell is pretty cool. Imagine this…..
You are laying on the beach enjoying your vacation and a delivery truck drops your new camera on your doorstep. You don’t know it’s there. But someone drives by and sees it and takes it. That’s without the Ring Video Doorbell.
Let’s try this again, but with the Ring Video Doorbell.
You are laying on the beach enjoying your vacation and a delivery truck drops your new camera on your doorstep. The Ring Video Doorbell’s motion sensors detect someone is there. You check and see that a delivery is being made. You call your neighbors and ask them to run over and pick up the package off your doorstep.
You can check who is coming to your house and talk with them all while on vacation. No one will ever know you are not home. I love that peace of mind knowing that I can always be home (even when I’m not.)
Ring Video Doorbell Features
The Ring Video Doorbell has the following features:
- It is a DIY home security solution. Easy to install yourself.
- You can stream live audio and video of your front doorstep to a smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android)
- Ring gives the impression that someone is always home and can prevent break-ins.
- Ring has built-in motion sensors that cover an 180-degree field of view and up to 30 feet in range. This is useful when they don’t ring the doorbell. When someone approaches the door an instant mobile alert is triggered. You know someone is approaching before they ring the doorbell.
- The video is a 720 HD wide-angle lens.
- It is powered by either a 5,200 mAh internal rechargeable battery or through your existing doorbell wiring.
- You can add the Ring Chime which is a compatible Wi-Fi speaker that sounds within your home when the Ring Doorbell is pressed.
- Cloud storage is free for 30 days and is $30/year after. Store up to 6 months of video and audio recordings.
Disclosure: This is a Ring Video Doorbell sponsored post. I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.