This is a OneDay Sponsored Post.
I discovered the OneDay app a few weeks ago while browsing through blogs. I immediately fell in love and tweeted about it (and I believe that’s how they found me.) I was very excited to do a review and share OneDay with you. It is only available for iOS. I had to use my iPod just so I could use the app. I’m hoping someday it’ll come to Android too.
I’m going to start with my finished product so you know what I’m talking about as I go through the app. Here is our 2nd try at making a video. I just love the way they turn out and this took us about 3 or 4 minutes, so everyone has time to create a few of these videos.
Creating a OneDay Video
Here are the steps to create your video.
- To create your video, first download OneDay from the App store (FREE!)
- Open the app and click on the circle with the plus in it and you’ll see this screen
- Pick the story you’d like to create. We did Back to School for the first one and then Megan decided she wanted to try Your Favorite Things
- You’ll get a screen like this.
- This is where all the magic happens. The words on the bottom are the questions you ask. Here is how you do it.
- Ask question #1, then press the red circle and have your child answer.
- Press the red square (comes up when recording)
- When you get a prompt, click save if you want to save that moment.
- Then you need to add a moment on the next screen
- Start again with #5 until you’ve answered all the questions you want to answer.
It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but once you do, you’ll be ripping through those moments in no time. Now I want to start making videos all the time. They need to add more topics because I think I’ll whip through these in a week…even with 4 kids.
OneDay is holding a contest and it’s very simple to enter.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by OneDay. I was compensated for this post. All opinions and enthusiasm are my own.