This is a NETGEAR sponsored post. I am a NETGEAR Ambassador.
Can someone PLEASE restart the router downstairs? We hear this phrase in our house a LOT! There are six of us in the house and we all have a phone, a tablet, a laptop and a TV. That means we have a lot of devices connected to our WiFi all the time. That doesn’t include all the many devices we have (doorbell, video cameras, etc) that connect all the time to our WiFi. Needless to say, we were restarting our router several times a day because someone was having a hard time staying connected. That is all in the past now with our NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 WiFi router.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 To The Rescue
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 WiFi Router is in the house! I love the name. I feel like I should have had a ceremony and break a bottle of champagne on the Nighthawk to commission it into service.
The Nighthawk X6 (AC3200/Model #R8000) is a Tri-Band WiFi router. Tri-Band means it has 3 WiFi bands and when you connect your device to the Nighthawk X6, it decides which band is best (fastest) for your device.
The 3 bands are:
- 2.4GHz – Up to 600Mbps All Legacy WiFi Devices
- 5GHZ – Up to 1.3 Gbps Dual Band WiFi Devices
- 5GHz Up to 1.3 Gbps Newer Dual Band AC WiFi Devices
You do not need to know what that means, just know that it means each device that connects to your WiFi will get the fastest available WiFi.
But Does It Work
Most importantly, you want to know whether the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 has solved our problems, right? We have had our new router in place for a few weeks now and we have not had to restart it once.
With our old router we had a lot of dead spots in the house. The other day, my son texted me from the bus stop (6 houses away) and told me we need to be sure we have a really good password on our new router because he was still connected all the way down the street.
A router is one of those things that you want to easily connect and then you don’t want to think about it. You just want it to work and work well. So far, the Nighthawk X6 has been fabulous. I didn’t even hear any swearing when my husband connected it. (That’s just a bonus!)
Here are a few other features of the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 WiFi Router:
- 3.2Gbps combined WiFi for fast & uninterrupted streaming
- You can add a USB storage device right to the router for storing and streaming
- Parental controls
- Play music on Airplay compatible devices
- Turbo Transfer for sharing of files between PC, Mac or Android devices
- NETGEAR genie App (iOS, Android) for your smartphone to play media files or make any printer AirPrint compatible. You can monitor and control your router from your smart phone.
- Balances the load of devices on your WiFi so all devices get the speed they need for the task they are doing
So overall, we have been very happy with the NETGEAR Nighthaw X6. We haven’t had to fuss with it a lot, have not had to restart it once and we can reach it from everywhere in our house. If a router can handle a house of 6 mega techies, then it should be able to handle most households.
Tell me in the comments below about your router issues. What is the one feature that excites you about the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 WiFi router?
Disclosure: As a NETGEAR Ambassador, I received the product for free in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.