Tis the season for holiday shopping, eating and parties. It can also be a very stressful time of the year if you don’t plan and prepare. Microsoft has created a graphic with lots of tips to help you survive the holiday season and a few products that will help you out.
Holiday Survival Tips
In the graphic above, there are several products that are featured. If you’d like to learn more about any of the products, here are the links.
- HTC One
- Toshiba Encore Mini
- Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft Band
- Lenovo Yoga Pro 3
- HP Stream 11
- Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3500 Limited Edition
- Nokia MD-12 Portable Wireless Speaker
Fun Holiday Stats from Microsoft
Microsoft commissioned YouGov to conduct a holiday survey around our technology use. Here are some of the stats that I found really interesting.
- 41% of Americans confess to secretly checking their phone under the table during a holiday gathering. I’ve never hid doing it, but I have had my phone at the table I think.
- 33% of American parents try to limit their kids’ technology use during the holidays. However, 75% of American parents are likely to post to social media during a holiday gathering. I don’t limit my kids use of tech during the holidays. Not anymore than I would during the rest of the year. As a matter of fact, they probably use it more because they often get tech for Christmas and they want to use it.
- 42% of Americans say thank you for a gift they received via text or social media instead of mail or email. I have no problem with this. It’s better than forgetting to say it at all.
- 67% of Americans are very likely to give a wearable (FitBit, Microsoft Band) as a gift this year. I believe that. I love wearables. I want a Microsoft Band for Xmas this year.
Do you have any tips to help survive the holiday season? Share them below.
Disclosure: I am a Microsoft Blogger and I do receive product for my participation. However, I wrote this post because I liked the graphic and I thought the stats were interesting.