When the Luminess Airbrush Makeup system arrived, my 13-year-old daughter was all over it. Finally, she said…a gadget for makeup! She wanted to try it out because she has had a hard time with foundation blending on her skin. So I let her try it out first. She spent several hours watching the videos online, mixing colors to get the perfect match and practicing with the airbrush wand.
This is the picture I took of Sami before she started.
We received the Professional Luminess Airbrush Makeup Edition which includes the 3-speed Professional Airbrush system, several bottles of foundation, blush, moisturizer, bronzer, glow enhancer, eyeshadow duo and the learning DVD. Our DVD was in spanish, so we went to the internet and watched the following videos.
Airbrush Makeup Prepping
The first video is a basic introduction.
The second video shows you how to match the foundation to your skin color. Sami and I both needed a mix of 1 and 2 to match our skin tone perfectly.
The last video shows you how to apply the makeup. We found it easiest to watch the video a few times first. Then prepare your kit and watch the video while you are applying the makeup for the first time. Be sure the area is well-lit. This was the first mistake I made when I applied the makeup. I didn’t have a well-lit bathroom and the makeup didn’t look right. But when I moved to a bathroom with better lighting, the difference was huge. It looked much better.
After Luminess Airbrush Makeup
Here is Sami’s after photo.
She was so happy with the results. She didn’t look like she had foundation on and she had no problems with blending at the hairline and her jawline.
Luminess Airbrush Tips
Here are a few notes that Sami said I had to include in the review:
- A bit of the foundation goes a long way. You do not need much.
- Practice, practice, practice. She said it did take a few tries to get it right, but once she did, it is so easy.
- Watch the videos!!! We need to admit that we did try to do this at first without really watching the videos very closely. Don’t try that!! You need the videos. They help a ton!
- How you hold the wand makes a big difference when you are putting it on. Be sure to follow the directions and hold like a pencil.
- The airbrush is really easy to clean and be sure you do it after you use it every time.
Now Sami is ready to try the airbrush tanning system because she loved the Luminess Airbrush Makeup so much. Here is one last side by side of the before and after of Sami.
Disclosure: We received the Luminess Professional Airbrush kit in exchange for this review. All opinions are 100% my own and Sami’s.
Let’s Talk About Luminess Airbrush Makeup!
Have you tried airbrush makeup? Let me know what your experience is.