This is a sponsored post. Affiliate links within post.
Today, I’m going to give you tips on getting your TiVo ready for the Fall Season.
- Clean the outside of the TiVo box. If you have electronic wipes, that is the best thing to use, but any clean rag will do. You need to get all the dust off the box. Dust collects on and around electronics. So clean it up!
- Go to your Season Pass manager and find shows that you no longer watch or have been cancelled and delete them.
- Make sure your shows are in the proper order in your Season Pass manager. The most important shows should be at the top and the less important shows at the end. This way if there is ever a conflict, then your faves will always record.
- Check your “My To Do List“ to see if there are any conflicts and be sure the shows you want to record will actually record.
- Now, let’s get rid of shows you will never watch. Go to “My Shows” and lets start way at the bottom. Is there a show from 2013 that you still haven’t watched? Are you really going to watch the Emmys from 2013 now? ok…delete it. Now go through the list and delete anything that you do not care about.
TIP: You can delete all the Modern Family (or whatever show it is) at once. Go to the folder of the show that you want to delete and click the delete button on your remote. You’ll be asked if you want to delete all the shows. Yes, if you do.
Now that wasn’t so bad. Your DVR is now ready for the fall TV season. Tomorrow I give you a list of shows to set up to record for the new fall season and how to use your iPhone to program your TiVo.
What shows are you looking forward to this fall? I’ll let you know what I’m looking forward to this week.
Disclosure: As a member of #TiVoMom, I receive compensation in the form of (but not limited to) product. All opinions are my own.