As the temperatures drop and the daylight is shorter, our allergies often get worse. When I think of fall, I think of sniffling and sneezing. We can’t control the ragweed and other allergens outside, but we can control what is in our home. I’ve partnered with Aprilaire to bring you fall allergy tips for your home to help you reduce your family’s allergy symptoms.
Fall Allergy Tips For Your Home
Take some time to make a few changes in your home to improve your home’s indoor air quality.
- Take your shoes off when you come inside. When you are walking around outside, your shoes are gathering all the dust and pollen that has fallen to the ground. if you keep your shoes on inside your home, you are bringing that dust and pollen inside too. We like to keep our shoes in the garage so they don’t come inside the house at all.
- Change your pillowcase often. This one is good for your allergies and for your skin. Your pillowcase collects the pollen that is in your hair and on your body, so you should change it often and be sure to wash your pillow too.
- Control the humidity and temperature in your home. Mold loves to grow in warm and humid homes. If you add a dehumidifier to your home, that will take the water out of the air and make your home less likely to grow mold.
- Keep your windows closed. I know, it’s cooler out and you’d like to open the windows to bring in the fresh air. The problem that it also brings in all the pollen and dust. We rarely open our windows because my family suffers from allergies.
- Change your air filter in your Aprilaire air purifier using Aprilaire air filters. I’ve shared how much we love our Aprilaire system in a previous post. An air purifier uses air filters that need to be changed about once/year. It may vary depending on your home. It is important that you use Aprilaire air filters.
Aprilaire Air Filters
Changing the air filter in the Aprilaire system is so easy. The cover pulls off and you pull the air filter out. It looks like this:
Aprilaire has a Pure Fit Promise:
The Aprilaire Pure Fit Promise guarantees a filter that was not only made to fit flawlessly into your Aprilaire system, it guarantees purer, healthier air.
Using another brand may fit into your Aprilaire system, but it will leave some gaps and that means the allergens and dirt will get through and into your home. The Aprilaire air filters remove 99.9% of asthma triggers. As someone who suffers from asthma….that’s a really good thing!
Disclosure: This is an Aprilaire sponsored post. I received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
Do you have any fall allergy tips you can share?