This is a sponsored post.
We heard from the sponsors.
LG and 4K TVs
Interesting stats from LG:
- 34% of U.S. broadband households have a smart TV, which has increased 31% since last year — Parks Associates
- 80% of flat panel TVs will be smart-enabled by the end of 2015 — Parks Associates
- 12.7 million UHD 4K TVs are expected in 2014 vs. 1.9 million in 2013 – NPD DisplaySearch
LG showed us their Ultra HD 4K TV.
Phillips and Speakers
Phillips is offering a new category of speakers called Soundbase. It is a speaker that sits below your TV and won’t interfere with your remote. TVs are getting thinner and can not accommodate many high-quality speakers.
TripIt for Travelers
Did you know that 44% of travelers use their smartphone to research travel while they are traveling (JJWire report).
I found this info really interesting. It shows the minutes that travelers did certain tasks on their smartphone or tablet while on vacation (2013 Indexed to 2012 – Prosper Insights & Analytics.)
- Checking in at an airport ahead of time — 152
- Making reservations for restaurants or attractions — 135
- Entertainment while traveling (on a plane, in the car, etc.) — 132
- Posting photos/status updates to social media — 128
- Searching for local restaurants or attractions — 126
- Entertainment while on vacation (at the beach, in a hotel, etc.) — 124
- Checking work email — 122
- GPS/Maps — 122
- Keeping in touch with those back home — 117
- Checking personal email — 111
Techlicious Lunch Gallery of Photos
It was a wonderful day in NYC with Leticia and Techlicious. Thank you to all the sponsors. We took a late train home and had a bit of time to explore NYC.
Disclosure: Techlicious paid for my train trip and I received the goody bag at the lunch All opinions are my own.