This is a Microsoft Windows & Walmart sponsored post.
It’s back to school time! Your student need a new computer. Do you know what to she needs? What questions should you ask before you purchase a computer for your student? The task can be daunting when you do not know where to start and what to look for. Here are some tips to prepare you for the task.
What to do Before Purchasing Technology for Students
When buying technology for your student, you need to do your research. Having the right technology will give your student the tools to be successful.
1. Talk to your student. This may seem like a simple step, but it’s the most important step. Your student probably has an idea of what they want in a computer. Here are a few questions you can ask them.
- What school tasks will you be doing on the computer?
- What else will you be doing with the computer? Music? Video? Photos?
- Will you need to store documents, photos or video on your computer?
- Will you need to install software (and if so, what software)?
- Where will you use the computer?
- Will you need to carry the computer around with you every day?
2. Ask the school. Most schools (college or high school) will have a section on their website about technology. They will list the needs of the student. Some colleges require Freshman to have a computer and may need specific features in a computer. Be sure you know this before you buy a computer.
3. Know your budget. Computers vary in price, so be sure you know exactly how much you are willing and able to spend on a computer for your student. Remember you will be purchasing other school supplies and books. You can purchase an affordable laptop to fit your student’s needs.
4. Think about the future. Think about the future needs of your student. If your student is a senior in high school, they will be heading to college in a year. Think about what their college tech needs will be. You wouldn’t want to buy a heavy desktop because that won’t be easy for your student to take with them to college.
Having a computer that fits your student’s needs will help them be the most successful. We can not do the work for your kids, but you can give them the tools to be successful.
Microsoft Windows-Based Computers at Walmart
[sws_button class=”” size=”sws_btn_xlarge” align=”aligncenter” href=”http://www.walmart.com/tp/microsoft-connected-campus-laptops?cid=sbo.695.9720.2672″ target=”_blank” label=”Purchase Windows-Based Device At Walmart” template=”sws_btn_blue” textcolor=”ffffff” bgcolor=”3251eb” bgcolorhover=”142070″ glow=”sws_btn_glow_midnightblue”] [/sws_button]
Now that you know what you are looking for, let’s find it at Walmart. Walmart has a variety of technology to fit your student’s needs. The best part is that you will find laptops to fit all budgets. This video showcases some of the Windows laptops available at Walmart starting at $249.
Back to School Technology Pinterest Board
I’ve been gathering pins with tips and links to Windows-based technology available at Walmart. Follow the board because I will continue to add new pins as I find them.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Microsoft and Walmart. All opinions are my own.
Do you have any questions about technology ensuring a successful school year? Ask me in the comments below.