Every time Apple comes out with a new product I think, how can they top this and each time they do. I didn’t plan to buy an iPad 2, but now I need it (yes, need as I needed the first iPad).
- 2 video cameras, front & back
- Front camera – VGA up to 30 fps with audio, VGA quality still camera
- Back camera – HD (720p) up to 30 fps with audio, still camer with 5x digital zoom
- A5, 1GHz dual-core chip (9x faster)
- 10 hour battery
- Thinner by 33%, 8.8 mm
- Weight is 1.3 lbs (vs 1.5 lbs of old)
- Wi-Fi/3G & Wi-Fi only versions, 16, 32 & 64 GB
- Same prices as first iPad
- 3-axix gyro, accelermoeter (can be rotated any way to view, even upside down)
- LED backlit display with 178 degree viewing angle
- Instant On. Starts much faster
- Deliver video through HDMI or AirPlay via AirPlay enabled speakers or Apple TV on wi-fi network
- AirPrint everything wirelessly
- Video Mirroring – See on your HDTV or projector what you see on your iPad
iPad Smart Cover
New covers available in 10 colors (orange included). I can’t even explain this because I haven’t seen it in person. There is an iPad Smart Cover video on the Apple websites here that you can watch to get the real feel for it. All I can say is that it looks pretty awesome.
- Attaches via magnet and aligns perfectly.
- Can be used to tilt your iPad
- Magnet built right into the frame of the iPad
- When opened, it wakes up the iPad
- Protects your screen
Check out the details for the iOS 4.3 update & GarageBand and iMovie for iPad.
So, will you buy one? I know I will.
- We’re Live at Apple’s iPad 2 Press Event! (techcrunch.com)
- Apple’s iPad 2 Launch: What You Need To Know [UPDATED] (mashable.com)
- Apple iPad 2 Official (slashgear.com)
- Report: iPad 2 Won’t Be Available For Sale For 2-4 Weeks (cultofmac.com)