This is an AfterShokz sponsored post.
I have tried many headphones for running, but my all time new favorite is the AfterShokz bone conduction wireless headphones. Why? Because I can hear my music, turn the sound up and still hear cars or people or anything else that is coming my way while running.
I received the AfterShokz Bluez 2S headphones in black for my review.
Why AfterShokz Are Different?
The AfterShokz are wireless bone conduction headphones. They do not cover your ears, so you do not need to tune out the world around you.
This is directly from the company (since they explain how bone conduction works better than I do.)
Bone conduction is a natural part of the hearing process, as sound already travels through our eardrums and bones simultaneously. Our patented transducers guide those mini vibrations through the cheekbones, directly to the inner ears.
Read more about the bone conduction technology on their website.
The headphones wrap behind your head, curls over your ear and the listening piece rests right in front of your ears.
Run Safely With AfterShokz
In the past, I have always worn my headphones over just one ear when I run. I always tell my kids when they are running (or skateboarding,) wear your headphones in just one ear. I want to hear cars or people coming.
With headphones on, you are an easy target for anything. But with the AfterShokz bone conduction headphones, you don’t cover your ears at all, so you can still hear the music AND tune into the world around you. How cool is that?
Other AfterShokz Bluez 2S Features
The main difference is the way you wear them. Here are more of the features.
- There is a button on the left side. Press to change songs, use voice control or pause the music.
- There are two microphones to help with voice control and noise reduction.
- They are sweat proof so don’t worry about ruining them while sweating. And it’s ok to wear outside when it’s raining.
- On the right side is the volume button which can easily be reached and changed while wearing the headphones.
- Sync using Bluetooth. I had no problem connecting the AfterShokz with my iPhone or computer.
- Rechargeable battery which lasts up to 6 hours of continuous play and takes about 1.5 hours to recharge.
- And the sound is AWESOME!!! When you turn it up louder, you start to feel the vibrations of the sound and I love how that feels. I can feel the music in my head which is really different, interesting and FUN!
AfterShokz Headphones Concerns
I had a few concerns and questions before I tried bone conduction wireless headphones out, so let me address those concerns.
Are they comfortable to wear? YES! I am all about comfort when I’m running. I was concerned they would bop around on my head. There is a piece you can add if you want them tighter and I added that since I have a smaller head. No problems.
You can see the extra piece in this photo below.
Will the microphone work well since it’s over by my ear? YES! I had no problems controlling my phone with voice. When making calls, everyone heard me with no problems.
Will everyone be able to hear my music? No. They added LeakSlayer™, their technology that makes it so even when you have the volume up high, no one will hear your music or conversations.
AfterShokz Bluez 2S Giveaway
AfterShokz is providing one (1) of my readers with one (1) AfterShokz Bluez 2S wireless headphones.
- Winner must be from the US or Canada.
- Approx value of prize is $99 (US dollars)
- Product provided (and will be sent by) AfterShokz.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Read the full details in the Rafflecopter widget below (click on the 3 lines in the upper right corner)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: AfterShokz sent me one pair of AfterShokz Bluez 2S headphones for this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.