Did you know that October is Self Promotion Month? I wish I had known that earlier because I would have been doing the “selfie” all over town. This is going to be a quick post to giveaway something that is a lot of fun and helps with creating selfies.
The Joby GripTight GorillaPod Smartphone Tripod can bend around things, be lowered or angled to get the perfect selfie. I have this tripod and I use it all the time for selfies or group shots. It doesn’t matter which phone you have, you can use the GorillaPod Smartphone tripod.
8 Tips for Taking the Perfect Selfie
Below are 8 tips for taking the perfect selfie. Several are courtesy of AT&T and the rest are all my own.
- Background Check! Look behind you before you take the photo. A busy messy background can distract from you.
- Natural lighting. Taking selfies outside or near a window will give you natural light which is more flattering than harsh indoor lights.
- Know your good side. Want to make your face slimmer – shoot from above. Including your torso, turn one shoulder towards the camera.
- Smile. It may seem obvious, but a nice big smile can make a huge difference in a selfie. People want to see your happy face.
- Add a Stand. Adaptable stands, like the Joby GripTight GorillaPod Smartphone Tripod, let you set up your shot just the way you want it. Pair it with your phone’s timer feature for the ultimate selfie shot.
- Filter it. Use apps like Instagram and VSCO Cam let you apply fun filters to your photos. Search apps for “photo filters” and you’ll find a ton.
- Add some text! Add text to a selfie with apps like Typic or PicLab, which let you tell everyone what you just accomplished!
- Crop the photo. If you couldn’t avoid the messy background, us an app to crop the photo around your face. My favorite is Cropic.
Small Changes, Big Results
Here is an example of how a small change can make a big difference. I didn’t add any filters or make any changes to show that you don’t have to make big changes.
Taken from below with a messy background and not smiling.
Just a few minutes later taken from above with a smile and a simpler background. It doesn’t have to be a plain white wall, but just simpler. I also took it from my “better side.”
AT&T is providing one(1) Joby GripTight GorillaPod Smartphone Tripod to one(1) lucky reader.
- No purchase necessary.
- Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Void where prohibited.
- Approximate retail value of the prize will be $30 USD
- Winner may be required to provide email, shipping address and/or phone number for shipping purposes ONLY. Information will not be used for anything else.
- Prize to be provided & shipped by AT&T
- Winner will be picked via Rafflecopter!
- Winner will be notified via email ONLY.
- Winner has 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure: I did not receive anything. I was offered the opportunity to share a giveaway that AT&T in the DC area is doing and I knew you would love it. I thought it was a great way to share some selfie tips.