This is a Bluestreak Books sponsored post. Affiliate links within post.
Do you have college goals but aren’t sure how to reach them? My two older kids have gone through the process of finding the college that is helping them reach their goals. It takes some work, but you can find and get into a school that will help you reach your college goals and eventually your life goals.
My daughter has been working for the last few years to get into the right college so she can go to nursing school. Just last week, she was accepted into the nursing school of her dreams. She reached one of her college goals.
College Goals Planning Tips
Whether you know precisely what you want to major in or not, it’s important that you find a college you will love. You will be spending four years there and you want to feel comfortable. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Visit a college close to you early. When you start visiting schools, you don’t know what questions to ask or what to look for. We found after we visited the first college, we had a better idea of what to look for in the search. So get that first visit done early and you will have a better idea of what you are looking for.
- Go to college fairs. If your community or school has a college fair, attend it. It’s an opportunity to talk with representatives from many different schools. You may find a school that isn’t on your radar and have the chance to talk to students from that school.
- Take a lot of pictures, videos, and notes during college visits. You think you will remember everything, but you won’t.
- Create a list of what you want and don’t want from the college of your dreams. Putting it in writing is helpful.
- Apply early! It helps you get through your senior year of high school if you have your college applications completed early in the year.
- Enjoy the journey of finding your perfect college. It can be stressful and you may wish it to be over, but enjoy the journey. It will go by fast.
- Seventeen: College Goals – This book is a combination of planning tool and journal to help you achieve your college goals.
Seventeen: College Goals
An Insider’s Guide to Finding and Getting Into A School You’ll Love by the Editors of Seventeen Magazine. Published by Bluestreak Books, an imprint of Weldon Owen.
The book starts with planning in your junior year. I suggest you purchase it now even if your daughter is a Freshman or Sophomore. I’m giving it to my daughter who will be a Freshman next year. She has already looked it over and fell in love with the book.
There is so much good information in this guide.
- Writing an essay
- Yearly to-do lists
- SAT/ACT test tips
- Self-care tips
- Doing Laundry
There is space for writing a practice essay, learning more about yourself, keeping track of your accomplishments for the college application, tracking school visits notes, and so much more. It takes you right up to the moment you move into the dorms and start college.
This planner takes care of the whole you during the college application process. It is important to take care of yourself. It is a very stressful time and you don’t want to let it get the best of you.
Giveaway – Seventeen: College Goals
Note: I extended the end date of the giveaway by 3 days because I’ve been really sick and will not have a chance to notify winner for a few days.
Bluestreak Books is partnering with me for a giveaway! One (1) winner receives:
- Copy of Seventeen: College Goals
- plus a $50 Visa gift card
Be sure to read full entry terms & conditions in the Rafflecopter widget above.Giveaway open to US addresses only.Prizing and samples approx. $70 value provided by Bluestreak Books.
Disclosure: Bluestreak Books sent me a copy of Seventeen: College Goals AND is providing a prize pack for one of my lucky readers! All opinions are my own.