This is a Sponsored post.
Have you been to any of the national parks of the west? As a kid, we visited several of the national parks in South Dakota, Colorado and Wyoming. I have such fond memories of those trips.
I’ll never forget the first time I saw the Rocky Mountains. We were driving on the highway somewhere in South Dakota and as you go over a hill, there they are. Rocky Mountains in all their majestic glory!! It’s etched in my memory forever.
Fodor’s Travel Guides
Before each of our vacations, we always bought the Fodor’s Travel Guides and planned out where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see. Fodor’s has been a trusted resource for travel advice for 80 years.
The National Park Service is also celebrating their centennial year in 2016. To help celebrate the centennial, Fodor’s has unveiled a new suite of online tools and updated guidebooks to help families plan an unforgettable trip.
National Parks of the West
Here are a few tools from Fodor’s to help you plan:
- Fodor’s National Park Road Trip Itineraries – Most road-trip worthy adventures
- National Parks 101 – Includes booking, budgeting and packing tips
- National Parks Finder – Find and compare parks based on activity, region or season
And on May 10, Fodor’s National Parks of the West went on sale. This book includes updated coverage of the best places to see, eat, sleep in and around all the parks in the west.
Listening to Audiobooks While Traveling
Family road trips can be a ton of fun, but they can also be very stressful. One way to entertain yourself during those long hours in the car is to listen to audiobooks. You get so engrossed in the book, you forget how much time you’ve been in the car.
And don’t tell your kids this, but 85% of what we learn, we learn by listening. That means you will be expanding your kid’s vocabulary and helping them improve their reading comprehension at the same time. But we won’t tell them that. It’s our secret.
Here are the three audiobooks that are included in the giveaway below.
Follow on Social Media:
Follow using the #FodorsOnTheGo hashtag.
ENDED: TAKE A FAMILY ROAD TRIP OUT WEST! Giveaway
One (1) winner receives:
- Fodor’s The Complete Guide to the National Parks of the West;
- 3 audiobooks to listen to on the drive: The Fourteenth Goldfish, Escape from Mr Lemoncello’s Library, and Call of the Wild;
- PLUS a $50 Visa gift card to put towards filling up the tank!
Please Read!! Giveaway Details:
- Giveaway open to US addresses only.
- Prize value is approximately $150
- Prizing and samples provided by Penguin Random House.
- Winner notified by email ONLY. Must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be chosen.
- Read the full details in the Rafflecopter Widget below (Click on the triange by the 3 lines in the upper right to see the terms)
Disclosure: I partnered with Penguin Random House to offer this giveaway and share this post. All opinions are mine.