Summer is an excellent time to get out the craft box and make some X-TREMEly fun crafts with the kids. I try to plan a different project or craft every week to keep the kids from getting too bored. This project is one that we had purchased for last summer, but we never got to it. We are decorating chinese food boxes with ribbon, fiber and glitter blue.
X-TREME School Glue Stick Project
Takeout Box Craft Project
Items Needed for Project:
- Chinese Food Boxes (I bought mine at Oriental Trading Company, but I can’t find them online anymore, so just google Takeout Craft Box and you come up with lots. Check eBay too.)
- X-TREME School Glue Stick
- Jumbo Glitter Glue Pens
- Ribbons, Fibers, Stickers
1. First you need to put the takeout box together according to the instructions. Use the X-TREME School Glue Stick to hold the sides together.
2. The box will look like this when it is complete.
3. Using glitter, ribbon and anything else you can find, decorate your box.
4. After decorating, let the boxes dry before using.
We found that if you want to put something on all 4 sides, the best thing to do is to wait for 1 side to dry completely before drawing on another side. If you let them stand upright while drying, the glitter glue starts drips down the side.
The kids all had a lot of fun decorating the takeout boxes. You can use them to put small things in or even as a favor box for a birthday party.
Disclosure: This project has been compensated as part of a craft recipe project using Elmer’s #collectivebias. All opinions are 100% my own.
What projects could you make with X-TREME Glue for tough projects?
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Tips For Choosing A College From A Mom Who Survived #JourneytoCollege - October 24, 2014
- 8 Tips for Taking the Perfect Selfie; Win GorillaPod Tripod #attSELFIE #Giveaway - October 23, 2014
- The Heli Beast Flying Predator Jumps, Flies and Walks #Giveaway - October 22, 2014