Sex And The City 2 Soundtrack Review
I have been waiting for the Sex And The City 2 movie to come out since I saw the first movie. I’m addicted. So, I was thrilled to review the soundtrack for the Sex And The City 2 movie (which comes out tomorrow!!!) Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was released on May 25th and the film is in theaters May 27th.
Arabian Desert Experience
The soundtrack has a similar sound to the original Sex And The City soundtrack, although because the movie takes place in the desert, there is an arabian desert feel to many of the songs. I could picture myself sitting back with a cosmo our in the desert while listening to the soundtrack.
Sex And The City Soundtrack Highlights
Here are a few of the highlights:
- A duet by Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis, “Love is Your Color”
- New songs by CeeLo and Dido
- Liza Minnelli singing “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Alicia Keys singing a new version of Blondie‘s hit, “Rapture” (I loved that song as a kid and the new version is quite different, but really good)
- “I Am Woman” sung by Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon (I did not like this version of the song and the singing wasn’t very good)
Overall, I really enjoyed the CD. I loved the new versions of Rapture and Single Ladies. The CD definitely has me really excited about the movie and I found myself moving my hips and grooving while listening to the CD. That’s a great sign in my book. If a song can’t make you want to cry or dance, then it’s not a good song! (and I don’t mean cry because it’s so bad!) The only song I didn’t like was the version of I Am Woman sung by the 4 actresses in the movie. Maybe once I see the movie, that song will make more sense, but just listening to it on the CD, it was awful.
Sex And The City Tracklist
Here is a list of all the songs on the CD:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys “Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Win a Call from SJ
If you are a big fan, you are going to love this contest they have going on right now. You could win a call from THE Sarah Jessica Parker. How cool is that?
For More Information
And just in case you have been living under a rock and haven’t seen the preview for the movie, here it is:
disclosure: I am doing this review for the One 2 One Network and they sent me a free copy of the soundtrack to review. All opinions are my own. I was not paid any money for this review.
Let’s Talk: Will you go see the Sex And The City 2 movie?
My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.
I not to mention my buddies appeared to be looking through the nice secrets on your web page and so unexpectedly I got a horrible suspicion I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those secrets. All of the boys were for that reason excited to read through them and have now actually been taking pleasure in these things. Appreciation for indeed being simply considerate and then for pick out this form of excellent subject matter millions of individuals are really needing to be aware of. My honest apologies for not saying thanks to you sooner.
I wanted to thank you for this great I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the latest stuff you post.
Thank you for writing unique and interesting content. This is a very informative article. I concur with a lot of your views in this writing.
Appreciate it for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Respectfully, Evita.
Up until now, all I have read on this article is extremely boring, and seems to be written by writers that lack education. You’ve done a very good job conveying your passion with accurate information.
Nice web blog, thank you for this. I think I will use a similar format with mine. Good to see you are getting some commentors here too, but the suggestions are a little strange. Anyway, Thanks!
I won't get to see the movie right away, but I'm still really excited about going. It's just Fun with a capital F.