I can’t imagine my life without Social Media. Social Media has changed every aspect of my life and I believe for the good.
Social Media Changes
1. My Husband. I met my husband through AOL which was the early stages of Social Media in my eyes. We met in the Romance Connection room. I never realized it would be the beginning of a Social Media filled life.
2. Me as a Mom. In the early years when my kids were little and I was a new stay-at-home mom, I found comfort in forums and chat rooms with other moms. I do not think I could have survived those early years without that support.
3. Career. This is where some of the most significant changes have happened. When I was a stay-at-home mom, I found a mother’s group and quickly became very involved at a national level as Technology Director. This was my first real experience as a community manager in Social Media. I connected stay-at-home moms with similar interests across the country. I was hooked and haven’t looked back yet. The amount of career opportunities that have come my way due to Social Media are so many that I couldn’t possibly name them all here. Let’s just say that I owe my entire career right now to Social Media.
4. Friendships. I have met some of my best friends through Social Media. I have been able to travel to many conferences and meet so many people and all of it is due to Social Media.
Social Media is a huge part of my current life. I do spend a lot of time online, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. I am teaching my kids to respect the Internet and to use Social Media wisely. Social Media is not going anywhere and the next generation will not know it any other way. Social Media has made me realize how small the world really is and how similar we all are no matter where we live.
Let’s Talk About Social Media!
How has social media change your life?
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Use SkyBell WiFi Video Doorbell to Safely See Visitors #SkyBell #Giveaway - April 10, 2015
- Dell XPS 13; A Day in My Life With the #XPS 13 - March 22, 2015
- Brain Chase; Online Summer Learning Adventure With Coupon Code #BrainChase - March 19, 2015