As a Mom, I’m always trying to do the best I can to teach my kids healthy habits. One area where I know our family can improve is our oral health, so I definitely wanted to participate in the Listerine Healthy Habits Oral Care Challenge.
Why the Oral Care Challenge?
We all know that brushing and flossing is important, but did you know that using an antiseptic mouth rinse is also important? I know I didn’t.
- Brushing alone misses 75% of germs in your mouth!!
- There are more germs in your mouth than there are people on earth! (Ewww!)
- 50% of kids between 5 & 9 have a cavity or filling according to the U.S DHHS.
- Almost 75% of adults suffer from some form of gum disease (and don’t know it.)
- 51 million school hours are missed each year because of dental related diseases (according to surgeon general)
When I heard how many germs are in my mouth and that brushing alone misses 75% of them, that was enough for me. We need new healthy habits for our teeth.
The makers of LISTERINE® and REACH® are supporting the American Heart Association’s My Heart. My Life.TM
For the next few weeks, my family is making our teeth a priority. We received Listerine antiseptic mouth rinse, Reach toothbrushes and Reach dental floss to use during the Oral Care Challenge.
Each day we will:
- Floss with Reach dental floss twice every day.
- Brush our teeth with the Reach toothbrushes twice every day for 2 minutes.
- Rinse with Listerine Antiseptic Mouth Rinse twice every day for 30 seconds.
In three weeks I will report back to let you know how the Oral Care Challenge went for my family.
Healthy Habits In Your Family!
Your family can also take the Listerine Healthy Habits for A Lifetime Oral Care Challenge with us. Head to Wal-Mart to buy your Oral Care Products.
Tips for getting kids to join in the Oral Care Challenge.
Ages 6-7: Show, don’t tell. Make this a family event. Everyone gets together twice every day for Teeth Time.
Ages 8-10: Clean to the beat. Have them listen to their favorite song during their teeth cleaning routine.
Ages 11-12: Recruit others. Have the older kids teach the younger kids good oral care.
Not Your Grandmother’s Listerine
I remember when I was a kid and my grandparents would use an antiseptic mouth rinse and it had a medicine smell. I was really glad when we got the Listerine, there were flavors my kids would love (like bubble gum and berry) and the adult flavors did not smell like medicine at all.
Disclosure: I received products and compensation from Johnson & Johnson and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the Oral Care Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Hairfinity, Vitamins for Healthy Hair #Hairfinity #Spon - December 16, 2014
- Intel Quality Nextbook at Walmart Prices #Giveaway #UnwrapINTEL - December 13, 2014
- ProFlowers and ProPlants Delivers Live Holiday Decor to Your Doorstep #Giveaway - December 11, 2014