Diet Coke was introduced 29 years ago. That really got me thinking about how long I’ve been drinking Diet Coke. I’m pretty sure I was one of the first Diet Coke customers. Seriously. I have been drinking it for 29 years. I am going to be 44 next month and I started drinking it as a teenager, so it’s about 29 years. WOW!
In celebration of Diet Coke’s 29th Birthday and my surprise (4 days away)…
So what was going on 29 years ago? Let’s take a trip back in time….
The year is 1982. That would be the summer before my Sophomore year of high school (which is exactly what this summer is for my oldest son.)
1982 Slogan: “Just for the taste of it!”
I couldn’t find a commercial from 1982, but I found this one from 1983.
I remember that commercial!
Some stats from 1982:
- Average cost of new home – $82,200
- Average income per year – $21,050
- Cost of a gallon of gas – 91 cents
- US Postage Stamp – 20 cents
- Rocky III
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Magnum, P.I.
- Knight Rider
- Hill Street Blues
- Human League, “Don’t You Want Me”
- Survivor, “Eye of The Tiger”
- Chicago, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry”
- Michael Jackson released Thriller
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- President – Ronald Reagan
- The Weather Channel aired for the first time
- Times Man of The Year? The COMPUTER
- Super Bowl – San Fran d. Cincinnati
- World Series – St. Louis Cardinals d. Milwaukee Brewers (I remember this well…I lived in Milwaukee)
- NBA Champs – LA Lakers d. Philadelphia 76ers
Let’s Talk About 1982 and Diet Coke!
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Must-Watch Throwback Shows on Netflix #StreamTeam #spon - June 30, 2015
- Piper nv Home Security Camera #Giveaway #MyPiper #PiperSecurity #AD - June 26, 2015
- Get Dad A Drone For Father’s Day #SoloatBestBuy #spon - June 19, 2015