Last week I told you about One Life which I will get back to in a moment. BBC Earth also sent me the Africa movie on Blu-ray to watch for a movie night. We had a few sickies in the house on Monday, so we watched the movie on Monday afternoon. After seeing One Life at the movie theater, my kids wanted to see Africa. BBC Earth Africa is available in both DVD and Blu-ray. We watched it in Blu-ray.
One Life Review
One Life was really good. The movie was about 1.5 hours which is perfect for kids. The shots were gorgeous and the facts were so interesting. We all learned so much. Our favorite was the Snow Monkey who only allowed the royal family to sit in the hot springs in the winter. My kids got a real kick out of that scene.
It’s definitely worth going to the movie theater to see. Seeing it on the big screen made it so much better.
Africa on DVD and Blu-ray
But, if you can’t make it to the big screen, watching it at home is still good. BBC Earth Africa goes through all the different areas of Africa and shows you how the different climates affects the different animals. We loved the Congo the best. Watching how the rainy season completely changed the floor of the forest into a big lake with fish.
Africa was a Discovery Channel/BBC co-production and premiered on the Discovery Channel on January 8.
BBC Earth Africa Fun Facts
- Africa took 4 years and 27 countries to make. The crew used 553 cameras, spent 100 days on horseback and 601 nights in tents, and consumed 6,526 anti-malarial tablets!
- Of the 553 cameras used, only 8 were harmed in the making of Africa.
- The chimps hunting for honey was the first time that was captured on film.
ENDED! I have 3 copies of Africa to give away to 3 readers.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Epson XP-620 is Small in Size But Not in Features #Sponsored - October 27, 2014
- Getting Through My Day Without Thinking About My Pain #FastAdvil #Spon - October 25, 2014
- Tips For Choosing A College From A Mom Who Survived #JourneytoCollege - October 24, 2014