It is interestingly agreeable that we ALL need this app for sure. We cannot deny our poor driving habits. Thanks for the great share.
Keep Eyes On The Road, Not Your Phone With Safely Go App
Do you answer calls or look at texts on your phone while driving? It is hard not to when you hear the ding or beep and you know you have a message. Even if you don’t look at it, you are distracted by the ding of the phone. Location Labs has created a free Android app, Safely Go, to keep you focused on what matters most.
There are two ways this app can be used….
- to help you stay focused on the road making driving your priority OR
- to keep you focused on a task or your family without distractions. Let’s look at both options more closely.
Make Driving A Priority
Safely Go makes driving a priority by simplifying the tasks you need to do on your phone while driving.
- You choose 3 VIP contacts and Safely Go will only allow calls and texts from those 3.
- Safely Go will automatically respond to all other contacts with an “I’m driving” auto text reply.
- Safely Go enables calls through your hands-free devices.
- Safely Go gives you access to 3 apps that you consider your “Driving Apps,” like maps, navigation or music.
Keeps You Focused
While Safely Go works really well to help make driving a priority, it can also be used to keep focused on other tasks.
- Do you want some family time without interruptions from the phone? Safely Go can send auto replies while you are spending quality time with your family.
- Practice “digital wellness” by taking control of your phone back. Technology can enhance our lives when we don’t let it control us.
- Your contacts will know that you are unavailable and you will get back to them so they won’t keep calling over and over hoping you’ll answer if they bug you enough.
My Safely Go Thoughts
I love the idea of having Safely Go automatically respond to the texts while I am driving. There are many times when my kids will text me and it isn’t important, but they keep texting because I am not responding. Now, they will know that I am driving and they shouldn’t text until I can pull over and respond.
My oldest is learning to drive and I am hoping this app will be available on his iPhone because I worry about the distractions he will have while driving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Location Labs. I received compensation in exchange for this review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Let’s Talk About Safely Go!
What are your thoughts about Safely Go? Do you think it will help you keep your eyes on the road? Would you use Safely Go to keep you focused on other tasks (or people?)