As we head into the holidays, you may be ramping up the scrapbooking or want to make an album as a gift. Printing 12×12 digital scrapbook pages is easy if you have a wide-format printer. I use the Epson Artisan 1430 wide-format color inkjet printer. (Disclosure: I received the Epson Artisan 1430 for review. Affiliate links within post.)
1. The first step in printing your 12×12 page is to create a digital scrapbook page. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to create my digital scrapbook pages. The Epson 1430 comes with Photoshop Elements. Create the layout in 12′ x 12′ size (inches.)
2. Put 12×12 in paper into the Epson 1430. Very important step that I often forget to do. I pull out all the paper that is in the printer and load 1 sheet of 12×12 paper. I also use Epson paper because printers are calibrated to use their own paper and I find I get the best results.
3. Be sure print settings in Photoshop Elements are set up correctly. Select “Epson 1430″ as your printer. Paper size should be “12” x 12″ borderless” and choose the “Actual Page Size” which will also be 12″ x 12″.
4. Hit Print and the settings for the Epson Artisan 1430 will come up.
5. These are now the Epson Artisan 1430 settings. The Paper Size should be 12×12 and Border is None.
6. Click on the word Layout in the middle of the box to find the Color Matching settings. I choose the EPSON Color controls and have found great results with that setting.
7. Click on the word Color Matching in the middle of the box to find the Print Settings. Under Media Type, you will want to choose the type of paper you purchased. The type should be on the outside of the paper pack. I always buy a Matte Photo type. Choose Photo under Print Quality. Be sure Borderless is checked and Max under Expansion.
8. Click on the Print Settings in the middle of the box to find Color Options settings. For printing 12×12 digital scrapbook pages, I leave these settings at Manual Settings and the Mode at Epson Vivid. So far this has worked for all the layouts I have printed. The only time I change these settings are when I’m printing only photos and I’m unhappy with the results. I can tweak it here to get the colors I’m happy with.
9. Next, hit Print. This will send the file to your Epson Artisan 1430 and you are now printing 12×12 digital scrapbook pages.
10. Wait for the page to come out of the printer. Be sure the tray is open for the layout to drop. It may take a minute or so for you to see the paper coming out. Since you are printing it borderless, there is a lot of paper to cover.
After another minute or so, the paper will appear as if it is stuck, but it isn’t.
Do not pull the paper out. It will drop on the paper tray when it is finished.
And now you have finished printing 12×12 digital scrapbook pages on your Epson Artisan 1430.
Disclosure: I received the Epson Artisan 1430 printer for review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own. Affiliate links within post.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Canon Family Gifts at Best Buy #CanonatBestBuy #HintingSeason #spon - December 20, 2014
- Hairfinity, Vitamins for Healthy Hair #Hairfinity #Spon - December 16, 2014
- Intel Quality Nextbook at Walmart Prices #Giveaway #UnwrapINTEL - December 13, 2014