Identity theft is one of those things that you hope you never have to deal with. Taking precautions before you become a victim is the BEST way to deal with identity theft.
Knowing what to do starts with knowing. It is a lot easier than you would think (unfortunately.) Criminals use software, websites, e-mail scams, fake deals, pickpocketing, card readers on ATM and hacking into databases.
Identity Theft Prevention Tips
Here are a few tips to keep yourself safe from identity theft
- Never download software unless you are sure it is from a reputable website.
- Do NOT open files (movies, documents, pictures, zipped files, etc.) unless you know who sent it to you. I also ask them if they sent it when I get something I’m not expecting.
- Never give out your social security number to just anyone. I don’t put it down on any form until I have to.
- Be sure you are using a secure site when you give any personal information. Look for the “s” in “https://” which means it’s secure.
- Shred documents containing personal information.
- Be sure to dispose of things like credit cards or old IDs in a safe way.
IDENTITY GUARD Protection
Having access to the internet to connect with anyone anywhere leaves us open for identity theft even more now. As technology advances, so do the criminals. You need to have someone on your side to be sure your personal information is staying personal. IDENTITY GUARD offers protection for adults and with kID Sure, your children will also be protected.
IDENTITY GUARD offers a 3 free e-book with details about identity theft and how to stay safe from it when you sign up for their mailing list.
Disclosure: This service was provided to me for review at no charge. In addition I received monetary compensation. All opinions are my own.
Let’s Talk About Identity Theft!
Have you (or someone you know) been a victim of identity theft? What tips do you have for keeping safe from identity theft?
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook With Intel For Your Mobile Lifestyle #XPS - February 24, 2015
- ME Days Are Essential To Work/Life Balance #MEday - February 15, 2015
- DIY: Print Wrapping Paper At Home For Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2015