Remember as a child the joy of the holiday season? Decorating the tree, writing wish lists, eating holiday meals with family and baking cookies with your mom? I remember thinking that when I was older, I was going to bring all that joy to my family and savor every moment.
Now that I am older, I’m finding it harder to keep that joy up. The holidays mean dragging out the decorations for the tree, trying to find those “hot” items on wish lists, cooking holiday meals and baking cookies while my kids ask, “when are they done?”
6 Holiday Fitness Tips
I’ll bet the last thing on your mind during these busy times is getting in a workout and keeping up your fitness routine. I have discovered that if you don’t make time for yourself, you will have a harder time keeping up with the added stress of the holidays.
Here are six tips to help save your sanity during the holidays.
- Get up 15 minutes early and do a morning wake-up yoga routine in your PJs.
- Be sure to get in your 10,000 steps each day and track it with a Fitbit One. When you are on the phone, walk around, march in place while doing laundry or watching TV. The more active you are throughout the day, the more energy you will have all day.
- Take a meditation break. Grab your iPod and headphones, find some relaxing music and sit back for 10-15 minutes during the day. It may not feel like fitness, but keeping your mind fit and your body relaxed will go a long way to keeping up during these busy days.
- Get 7 – 8 hours of sleep every night. If you are well rested, your awake hours will be more productive.
- Find one morning each week to wake up 1 hour early and get in a good 30 – 45 minute cardio workout. I find that getting in at least one really good cardio blast each week keeps me focused on my fitness.
- Set a fitness goal for December and share it with everyone. Sharing your goal will make you accountable. My goal for December is to attend my Saturday morning Bootcamp class EVERY Saturday (5 in December) and to fit in at least 15 extra minutes of exercise each day.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I wrote my fitness gadgets wish list for Best Buy and this post is the story of why I chose a few of the items on my Best Buy Gifts That Do Wish List. #GiftsThatDo
You can find my full #GiftsThatDo profile on the Gifts That Do site.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Getting Through My Day Without Thinking About My Pain #FastAdvil #Spon - October 25, 2014
- Tips For Choosing A College From A Mom Who Survived #JourneytoCollege - October 24, 2014
- 8 Tips for Taking the Perfect Selfie; Win GorillaPod Tripod #attSELFIE #Giveaway - October 23, 2014