UPDATED TO 2014 Editorial Calendar Template
As part of my goals this year, I wanted to create a calendar to keep my future posts and due dates organized. I searched online for an editorial calendar template (download link) to fill-in-the-blanks and be done. I did find some, but nothing that was really simple, yet creative and fun. I liked the basics of this editorial calendar by Alan Peterson of Internet Marketing Nirvana, but it was for 2010, so I created a new editorial calendar.
Editorial Calendar Template Yearly Format
The editorial calendar template is for 2014 and color coded by month. The colors match my tabs in my binder where I keep all my information for my business each month. I also like the way the colors look. It is easy for me to see where each month is and I can look at the year in terms of weeks or months.
Above is a closer view and you can see that I have Post Topic and Month Topic. The Post Topic are my weekly posts. I have a loose system of writing certain types of posts on certain days like this:
- Sunday – Scrapbook Layouts
- Monday – Write about websites, software and/or apps
- Tuesday – Tech Tuesday
- Wednesday – Wordless Wednesday, Quotes
- Thursday – List Day & Book Reviews
- Friday – Friday Fun & Goals updates
- Saturday – Project 365 Updates
Month Topics look like this;
- January – Organization
- February – Relationships
- March – Healthy Lifestyle
- April – Career
- May – Spiritual
- June – Recreation
- July – Finances
- August – Me Time
- September – Education
- October – Hobbies
- November – Family
- December – Balancing It All
If you don’t have weekly or monthly post topics, you can remove those sections.
Editorial Calendar Monthly Format
The 2014 calendar will have a separate file available next week for the monthly format seen below. It will be available as a freebie to newsletter subscribers. The second spreadsheet shows one month per page as seen below. I created the second version because I wanted more room to write in my blog posts. The full year on one page is great for me to see what the different topics are each month and as an overview.
Now, you have the editorial calendar template, here are a few posts to help you set it up.
- #SITS31DBBB: What Did a Calendar Ever Do For You?
- How to Develop Your Editorial Calendar by Heidi Cohen
- Timing is Everything: Why You Need an Editorial Calendar by Heidi Cohen
- 5 Ideas for Filling Your Editorial Calendar by Michele McGraw (ME) at BlogWorld Expo Blog
- 5 Benefits of An Editorial Calendar
- Why You Need An Editorial Calendar For Your Blog by Outspoken Media
Editorial Calendar Download
Let’s Talk About Your Editorial Calendar!
Do you have an editorial calendar? Do you stick to the calendar or is it just a loose guide?
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!