This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Duracell.
Have you ever opened the perfect gift? The one you’ve been waiting for and you go to find the batteries to fire it up and you don’t have the right batteries? This post is your reminder. DO NOT FORGET THE BATTERIES!!!
I’ve forgotten to buy batteries for my kids’ toys and then we had to search the house for another toy that used the same batteries, take them out of that toy and put in the new toy. At the same time, my kids are crying because they want to play with the new toy. It’s not a fun experience.
In my 18 years of being a mother, I’ve learned a few battery tricks.
- Keep batteries on hand at home.
- When you head out for that holiday trip, bring extra batteries for the special toys that your kids bring.
- Keep extra batteries in the car if you have the wireless headphones so you can be sure you do not have to listen to Frozen again.
- When you buy a toy, ALWAYS check if it needs batteries and then buy the batteries at the same time (even if you think you have them at home and even if the toy comes with batteries.)
- If you buy a gift for someone, buy the batteries too.
Why Duracell Batteries?
Did you know that Duracell CopperTop batteries come with a 10-year guarantee in storage with Duralock Power Preserve Technology? That means you can buy that 16-pack of batteries and be confident that if you don’t need the battery for 2 years, it will still work.
When I was a kid, my parents would wrap up our batteries along with our toys so we were sure we could try all our new toys or gadgets. If we happened to open the package with the CopperTop batteries first, we knew there was an exciting gift still to come.
CopperTop batteries are available in AA, AAA, C, D and 9V and can be purchased at Walmart.
Follow Walmart on Twitter.
Disclosure: I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.