Word Swag is one of my favorite tools for making Pinterest images. Right now Word Swag is only on iOS. It’s very easy to use and your images look awesome and the typography is professional looking.
How to Create a Pinterest Image on Your iPhone Using Word Swag
1. Choose Background.
If you want to use one of the backgrounds in Word Swag, click on the right circle.
- If you want to choose photo of yours, Click on the right circle and go to Camera Roll in the upper right corner, find photo and tap on it. You will get a Crop it screen, click on the black circle on the bottom.
- If you want to take a photo now, choose the left circle.
- If you choose either a photo of yours or take a photo, you will get another screen that will ask you if you want to crop the photo or not. It’s up to you.
2. You will get the main screen which is where you will do all the work of adding and editing the words.
3. Double tap the words over your photo so you can change the text. Stay on the custom theme and tap in the area to the right and add your text.
If you’d like to use one of the stock quotes, choose one of the themes on the left….classics, so true, etc.
TIP: Do not add in extra spaces or hit enter.
Click Save & Close when you are done.
4. Now we have the new text and are ready to style it. In the black strip under the photo, the left Aa is where you will style your text.
To change the style of the text, scroll through the different text themes (the public, making the cut, etc.) When you find one you like, tap on the numbers below to see different variations. You can hit the dice to get random variations.
You can also use 2 fingers to zoom the text in or out and you can move it around on the image.
5. Once you are happy with the style of the text, choose the color of the text by clicking on the yellow, pink, blue circle. You will get a screen like this and you can tap on different colors to see which one fits best with your background.
6. There is a new option which is not shown in my screen prints above. It is on the far right and will adjust the transparency of your text and the brightness of your background. This may help if you have lots of colors and the text is hard to read over your background. Play with the different options if you aren’t getting the look you’d like.
7. Once you are happy with your image, click DONE in the upper right and you will get this screen. Your image has been saved on your device.
8. Click close and then email the image to yourself.
That’s it. you now have a beautiful photo ready for Pinterest.
TIP! When you first open Word Swag, you’ll see “more” at the bottom of the screen. Click that and you have some options you can change. I changed my resolution to 2048. If you want to put in there that I referred you (if I did), please use scrappinmichele @ gmail.com as the email.
Share your tricks for creating Pinterest images.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- Grab Your Dream Career Now #DreamCareerLive - September 12, 2014
- How to Talk to Your Younger Kids About Underage Drinking #GrabTheGoodies - September 11, 2014
- How to Capture the Everyday Moments with the OneDay App - September 8, 2014