When I was at CES and as an AMD Mom (sponsored), I had the opportunity to see the HP dm1z laptop with the new AMD Fusio chip and I was impressed. Now I’ve had a chance to play around with it for the last 2 months and I’m still impressed.
What I love about this laptop with AMD Fusion technology…
1. Weight. The HP dm1 laptop with the AMD Fusion is so light (tech detail: dual-core AMD Fusion processor E350). It weighs a little less than 3.5 lbs. There are so many times where I carry my laptop with me in my purse. I never know when I’ll be stuck waiting in line at dance or soccer or the doctor’s office. I view these moments as work time! I am able to easily carry this laptop in my purse because it is so light. The MD Fusion chip combines three components into one therefore the laptop weighs less.
2. Battery Life. I’m a power user meaning I have several things open at once and I will process video and pictures at the same time. All of my other laptop batteries would die after about 1.5 – 2 hours, but not the HP dm1. The AMD Fusion chip is so efficient that your battery lasts much longer. I am getting anywhere from 6 – 9 hours of battery life depending on what I am doing. That is significantly more than the 1.5 – 2 hours I was getting on all my previous laptops.
3. Speed. I spend a lot less time waiting for my laptop to process. I’ve noticed the biggest different when I’m using Internet Explorer to surf the web. Websites that are graphic intensive or have large videos will load very quickly.
4. Less Heat. Yes, I said heat! How often have you felt like you were having hot flashes when you are working with your laptop on your lap? I swear my last laptop was going to give me 3rd degree burns. But my HP dm1 with the AMD Fusion chip runs a lot cooler than any laptop I’ve ever used. I don’t need to put an extra fan underneath my laptop (which also takes more power and battery life from my laptop.)
5. Quality of Graphics. The graphics of a laptop are very important to me. I spend a lot of time processing pictures for my blog and for scrapbooking. I also watch a lot of movies and TV on my laptop. I had no problems with the quality of the video on the HP dm1. It has become my number one TV viewing machine. It sits right here at my desk while I’m working so I can catch up on the shows I’ve missed. It has an AMD Radeon HD 6310 discrete-class graphics and support for DX11.
6. Size. The laptop is so small and thin. As I said, it fits in my purse (and I don’t have a laptop bag for a purse anymore.) Even though it is small, it is still very powerful and has a
- 300 GB hard drive
- 4 GB of memory
- 3 USB ports
- VGA Webcam with integrated microphone
- Altec Lansing speakers
- 11.6″ HD HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
- Full size standard keyboard
- VGA port
- HDMI port
- Digital media card reader
The HP dm1 with an AMD Fusion processor definitely is not lacking in features. If you are looking for a new laptop, I recommend you look at the HP dm1 with AMD Fusion technology. This is perfect for a student heading off to college too. The HP dm1 retail price starts at $408 at the HP Store. I still can’t believe you can get a laptop with the AMD Fusion chip in it for less than $500.
You can read more about the AMD Fusion chip in my post,
Disclosure: As an AMD Mom, I receive product in exchange for reviews. As always my review of the HP dm1 with AMD Fusion is 100% my own.
Love Lifestyle Technology, Social Media, Fitness Gaming, Diet Coke, Running, PC & Mac Geek, Reading, Learning, Beach and anything with Bling!
Latest posts by Michele (see all)
- 7 Tips for a Smoother Holiday Shopping Experience #YourHolidayWorkshop#Spon - November 24, 2014
- Microsoft Holiday Deals at Walmart #MicrosoftHoliday #Giveaway #Spon - November 21, 2014
- Don’t Forget the Batteries #PowertheHolidays #Spon - November 21, 2014