This is a Kenmore grill sponsored post.
The first smell of burgers on the grill is my sign that summer is here. Everyone knows that burgers are grilling and summer is here. I know that doesn’t sound very techie, but I’ll get to the tech part. Be sure to check out the grilling recipes cookbook giveaway at the end of the post.
When I was a kid, we always had a pool in our backyard and I remember swimming while my Dad grilled hotdogs and bratwurst (I’m from Wisconsin.) Then we’d jump out of the pool and eat dinner on the deck in our wet swimsuits. Grilling has always been an important part of my summer.
We had one of those old-fashioned (ha!) charcoal grills. I remember my Dad squirting lighter fluid on the grill and the flames would fly way up high.
Our First Old Fashioned Grill
When we bought our first house, one of the first things I knew we needed was a grill. It was June and we had a baby coming in two weeks, had just bought a house and had no money left for a grill.
Fortunately, my parents realized the importance of having a grill. They bought us our first grill as a house-warming present (and it was one of those charcoal grills because it was 19 years ago and that was the olden days.)
When we bought our current home, we built a deck the first summer and one of the first things that went on that new deck, was???? A new grill. A new fancy grill with lots of bells and whistle (and no charcoal.)
Technology of Grills
Grills have come a long way since I was a kid. They are more like an outside kitchen than a grill. Here is a photo of a new Kenmore 600 series 4 burner grill:
- Grills can smoke, steam, rotisserie and bake (varies from model to model)
- Much larger cooking surface. You can do the hamburgers, brats, hotdogs & buns all at the same time. No more grilling buns in the oven in the kitchen.
- Even heat distribution. This gives you more even grilling on the entire grill so all the meat is grilling the same. The meat in the middle doesn’t finish first while the meat on the edges takes forever. It’s more even.
- Refrigerator. You can keep all the ingredients you need for grilling (the veggies, etc.) right there with you so you do not need to run in and out of the house. You can stay and watch the grill.
- Lights & LED controls. This helps with grilling at night. In the summer, we often eat much later at night because we are more active during the day. The LED control panel is a pretty cool feature.
Here is a quick video to show off some of those features:
[intense_video video_type=”youtube” video_url=”https://youtu.be/yvqzKtXrN7Y”]
It always amazing me how technology improves so many things in our lives, including grills.
Kenmore GrillsWith Father’s Day coming up, upgrading Dad’s grill to a new high-tech grill would be perfect. It’s just the beginning of summer and we have at least 3 months of grilling to look ahead to. Through July 4th, there are some great offers on Kenmore grills at Kenmore.com/grills.
- If you are looking for grilling accessories like stainless steel grilling tools, you’ll find them at the Kenmore site too.
- The grilling recipes cookbook can is also available (see giveaway below.)
- Grilling & outdoor entertaining tips
Grilling Recipes Cookbook Giveaway
Kenmore is providing me with 3 “A Taste of the Outdoors” grilling recipes cookbooks for 3 lucky winners of the giveaway. Yes, there will be 3 winners.
Leave a comment below with a summer grilling memory and tell me which new high-tech Kenmore grill feature is your favorite. You may go to Kenmore Grills to see all the newest features.
Be sure to read all terms and conditions on the Rafflecopter giveaway.
- Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited
- Approximate retail value of the prize will be $15 USD, courtesy of Kenmore. No substitutions or cash exchanges.
- Winner may be required to provide email, shipping address and/or phone number for shipping purposes ONLY. Information will not be used for anything else.
- Winner is selected by a random Rafflecopter drawing.
- Winner will be notified via email ONLY.
- Winner has 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- Complete contest rules, prize description/value/number of prizes available upon request.
Disclosure: As a Kenmore Ambassador, I receive monetary compensation for the entire 6 month program. I also received a set of Kenmore stainless steel grilling tools and the “A Taste of the Outdoors” grilling recipes cookbook for this grilling campaign. All opinions are my own.