- May is Recharge Me Month; Join Me #RechargeMEPosted 23 days ago
- Updated 2013 Editorial Calendar Template DownloadPosted 142 days ago
- Create An Editorial Calendar For Your Blog; Free Template Download (2013 Updated)Posted 456 days ago
Digital Family Summit; I’m Speaking With My Teen & Tween
The Digital Family Summit is an awesome new concept in conferences. The entire conference is geared toward families with teens and tweens. The speakers are parents, teens and tweens. Be sure to read through to the giveaway at the end.
So, this summer, my 13 & 16-year-old and I are heading to Philly to the Digital Family Summit and speaking on a panel. I am so excited about speaking with my kids about vlogging as a family.
My kids are very involved in my blogging and vlogging. They are either in front of the camera or behind it. My 16-year-old wants to be a film producer and he has worked on several films already. He has created youtube videos since he was 9.
My 13-year-old loves to use video to impress her teachers when creating school projects. With her iPhone always in hand, we get to see her life through the video she creates.
Since this is the first Digital Family Summit, you may have a few questions.
What is the Digital Family Summit?
The Digital Family Summit is an interactive, hands-on conference for teen and tween digital media creators and their families.
Who is attending?
If you or your kid is interested in blogging, entrepreneurship, creating videos, games or animations this conference will help build skills and make connections that will take him or her to the next level.
Who is speaking?
Speakers are from the Food Network, Columbia University, Entertainment Weekly, Parsons School of Design and a host of tween and teen bloggers and entrepreneurs (and many others including me and my 13 & 16-year-old.)
[sws_green_box box_size="465"] Digital Family Summit Discount Code: Use the promo code scrapgeek for 10% off the Digital Family Summit registration [/sws_green_box]
Digital Family Summit Giveaway
ENDED! As a media sponsor of the Digital Family Summit, I have one (1) family pack ticket (up to five people) to giveaway. This is the registration to the summit ONLY. All other expenses and fees are NOT included. Approximate value is $879.
I want to know why your family wants to attend the Digital Family Summit. Make this a thorough response. For example, responding with “to learn more,” is not a very thorough answer. You response should include what you want to get out of the summit, why your children want to go, what do you hope to get out of the summit and include some ways that your family is already a digital family.
MUST choose one of the following:
1. Write a blog post on your blog answering the questions outlined above. and leave a comment below with a link to your post.
2. Create a video with your family answering the questions outlined above. Upload wherever you typically upload a video and leave a comment below with the link to your video.
3. You may do both 1 & 2 and it will count as 2 entries.
Extra Entries (optional):
Once you have done 1 of the above, you may tweet one of the following tweets, once each day for an extra chance to win. Your tweets only count as extra entries if you have written a blog post or video first. You MUST leave a link to your tweet in the comments below for it to count.
- At that time I will choose one random winner using the And The Winner Is plugin. Once I confirm that the entry is valid, I will contact the winner via email. The winner has 24 hours to respond or I will choose another winner.
- Be sure to leave a valid email in the comment form. It will be used ONLY to contact you if you win.
My family and I would absolutely love to attend! Here is a link to my blog post: http://delcodealdiva.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-my-family-and-i-would-love-to.html
Thanks for the chance!
I love the idea behind this conference... I hope I can do such a great job as you\'re doing with my girls as they get older.
Congrats on success of your kids. They are really lucky to start vlogging in such young stage. I’m pretty much sure they will end up as internet marketers.